세계 / Global

Paris Air Show 2023: Elbit Systems debuts FAST Capsule dual UAV contro…

Elbit Systems' Skylark 3 Hybrid UAV and SkyStriker loitering munition displayed at the Paris Air Show 2023. (Janes/Sam Wise)

Elbit Systems publicly displayed its FAST (Find and STrike) Capsule concept for the first time at the Paris Air Show 2023.

FAST Capsule can act as a single point of control for the company's Skylark unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) family and SkyStriker loitering munition.

The FAST Capsule concept enables a single operator to launch a Skylark UAV from a catapult, operate it from a ground control station (GCS), and, once a target has been acquired, launch a SkyStriker munition from the same launcher and control it from the same GCS.

Speaking to Janes, Amir Bettesh, Elbit Systems vice-president of marketing and business development for UAS, said that FAST Capsule is being pitched to existing Skylark and SkyStriker customers. He added that they have had interest from customers, some of whom are not current operators of both types.

While SkyStriker has communications and GCS compatibility with Skylark I, I-LEX, and 3, only Skylark 3 shares a common launcher and, with SkyStriker, is the preferred combination due to the 100 km (62 mile) range of operations.

According to Janes data, Skylark I, I-LEX, and 3 are operated by Australia, Georgia, Honduras, Israel, and Sweden, while Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan are known to operate SkyStriker, although Bettesh told Janes that six countries are currently using the munition.

Bettesh also said that development of the system has been driven by customer requirements for the cost-effective use of UAVs by reducing operator numbers.

0 Comments

무지개 잉크패드
칠성상회
신한 칼라 터치라이너 0.1 쿨그레이
칠성상회
유진 7자형걸이 대형 와이어 액자걸이
칠성상회
스포티지NQ5 와이퍼 캐프 뷰맥스 레볼루션 RX
칠성상회